SMALL GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS
Following the recent updates from the government and guidance from England Hockey with regards to groups of up to 6 players, social distancing, being allowed to play in the same pitch zone, we are pleased to announce that we will begin to run some small group coached sessions.
The first couple will be taster sessions to gauge demand. If there is enough interest, we will expand the programme and start to run some regular training and free play sessions.
- We will run sessions with 4 or 5 players per group in a quarter of the pitch, depending on the availability of goal keepers, and allowing for the coach to enter the zone.
- All players/coaches must stay 2 metres apart at all times and follow the published Club protocol.
- The club’s COVID-19 protocol is published on the website and available on Teamo via the session entries in the calendar.
- Sessions will work on technical, individual skills and techniques.
- Balls will be provided by the club and must not be touched by anyone other than the coach in charge. The balls will be cleaned after each session.
- There will be anti-bacterial hand wash available at the pitch entrance. All players should wash their hands before and after the session.
- Each group of 4 or 5 players will be asked to arrive at a staggered interval so that there is no over-crowding at the entrance. Please wait in your car until the time you have been allocated to arrive.
- We will operate the following sessions: –
- Tuesday 16th, 23rd, 30th June – 18:00 to 21:00 – Adult players – men, ladies, u16s and those playing adult league hockey.
- Wednesday 17th, 24th June, 1st July – 18:00 to 21:00 – U12 and U14 Boys and Girls.
- Note that we are going to be using the age group squads for the season just finished.
- All sessions will be one hour and you must email your bookings to [email protected]. Your booking is not confirmed until you have had it confirmed by email. Your start time will be confirmed by email. Please also advise if you have any particular requests. We will try and allocate players to groups of similar ability and squad.
- Initially we will not be running any sessions for school year 6 or below. We will review this in due course and consider the latest government and England Hockey. We will make announcements if the situation changes.
- Initially sessions will be free and on a first come first serve basis.