M4s beat Portsmouth 3-2

In a tense clash at the bottom of the table it was Romsey who eventually ran out winners, but only just.

The game started well for Romsey, there was no rain, but Romsey had a Noah at right back just in case. He combined with Mike Pooley early on to set up Dan Blackman, but the final shooting chance was blocked. 
Jim East at the back combined with Gordon F and Ben Butcher to first play in Ellison B down the left and then Freddie O, but again no final result.
Romsey took the lead from a penalty corner move, the ball went when outside the circle but was played back in and a half clearance fell to a Colin Harwood whose shot was going wide, and need Ben Butcher the corner taker to nudge it inside the post and over the line. 
Butcher then had a shot wide but Romsey couldn’t add to their lead.

As the second half started Butcher played some passes from the back with Pete O’Hara and Gordon F before heading to the circle and calling for a player on the back post. His inch perfect cross was touched by Harwood and deflected in for 2 0.

Portsmouth upped their game, and pulled one back soon after with a good move that gave Ollie O no chance with a shot from the top of the circle, and now Romsey wobbled, Pete O saves them with a couple of fine tackles ably supported by Nick Cooper, but eventually pressure told and after a miracle save by Ollie O in goal, the equaliser came.

Gordon F stepped up, and duly won Man of the match for some great interceptions and Ollie O again saved the day as it looked like Romsey would crack, but with East and OHara solid, Romsey started to gain momentum back. Cameron Shepherd couldn’t quite make the most of an attacking move, Ellison B was tackled by the last defender before he could shoot and It looked like the game was heading for a draw.

That was until Romsey won a penalty comer with five minutes to go, Butcher pushed out to Gordon F, who cleverly drew the defenders before slipping the ball left for Harwood to score his second and the winner.