Romsey 2nd XI put together one of their best performances of the season so far, to convincingly win against a team that started the day just three points below them in the league.

Romsey started fast, and created a great chance to take the lead when Sam Barcia saw Colin Harwood unmarked after some good passing through the midfield, Harwoods first time shot hit the inside of the goalkeepers foot and went outside the far post.

Romsey then won a penalty corner after good work by Simon Morford. Captain Stuart Robertson’s push out was played back to him and his first time shot was stopped by a Fleet body on the goal line for a penalty flick to be awarded. Morford coolly stepped up and made no mistake from the spot.

Romsey doubled their lead when Tim Bailey forced a Barcia shot over the goal line, Romsey were denied a quick third when Harwood’s effort went in off Carl Hendy’s foot.
Fleet broke away soon after to pull a goal back when goalkeeper Craig Mellor was unsighted.

Romsey restored their two goal advantage when Greig Stewart powered the ball in to the Fleet D and Hendy made amends for his foot incident to slot home Romsey’s third to give Romsey a 3-1 half time lead.

Romsey’s recent weakness of falling away in the second half was not happen this week. Ben Parker and Jim Ponsford locked down the defence and were calm in playing balls to Dave Andrews to build moves up the right through Toby Hill.

Romsey scored their forth after ten minutes of the second half, Morford started a move down the left, that ended with Barcia forcing the ball home, after good work by James Boggis and Bailey..

Romsey searched for a fifth goal, Harwood had penalty corner strike rifle the back boards but it was disallowed for being too high initially and Bailey had a goal ruled out when he reversed a shot in to the goal but it was blown for dangerous play as it hit Harwood’s shoulder on the goal line.

Gallery Glimpse
dsc07233 2010-12-12-hockey-xmas-funday-011 ladies3_v_iow2s_081011_05 dsc05314
Free Sitemap Generator