Romsey took on a strong Fordingbridge side hoping to pick up points in what had so far has seen them collect only one point in November from their previous three games.

Romsey as always started stronger, Sam Barcia making in roads from the midfield in to the Fordingbridge circle, playing great combination passes with Charlie Harrigan and James Fraser to set up James Croft-Baker at the far post only for his effort to go wide.

Greig Stewart carrying an injury moved to defence and Jim Ponsford pushed forward to support the midfield. Romsey lost the ball down their right and a long ball from Fordingbridge put them on the attack and they created their first chance to take the lead.

Romsey were disappointed to be behind, but rallied when Colin Harwood intercepted a wayward pass from the opposition and played in Fraser at the top of the circle, he saw Barcia and played in the young midfielder to allow him to rifle in the equaliser reverse stick.

With Romsey now looking for the lead their play was creating they got caught at the back themselves and with Fordingbridge two on one with Adam Sankey in goal they made no mistake restoring their lead for 2-1.

Romsey looked for a second equaliser, and Carl Hendy found himself one on one with the Fordingbridge keeper only for his effort to be smothered.

In the second half Toby Hill and Sam Barcia held the Romsey midfield together, and Fordingbridge looked to trouble Stuart Robertson, Dave Andrews and Ben Parker in the Romsey defence on the break as Romsey pressured for the equaliser.

Romsey had chances from penalty corners, Chris Arnold and Harwood created a number of chances for Hendy and Fraser but they couldn’t made the break through.

Fordingbridge finally clinched the points on the break sliding the ball under keeper Sankey for a 3-1 win, and leave Romsey with one point from their last four matches so far in November, after their three wins in a row in October.

Gallery Glimpse
dsc07262 dsc07820 picture-219 SONY DSC
Free Sitemap Generator